Friday, November 25, 2011

Entry 93: Quick Thanksgiving Post

Sadly, I have no time for a lengthy post this week. I'm at my in-laws for the weekend in South Carolina, and it's like a zoo here. I have a little bit of peace and quiet right now, because everybody, ironically, is at the actual zoo. I stayed behind to take a little break from the chaos. I also need to save my energy. There's a 7-year old here, and she's wearing me out. We've developed a game in which I pretend to block her path and then she runs around me and giggles. It's fun, for awhile, after about the fifth iteration I'm like, "Hey, wanna learn how to do a crossword puzzle?"

All told there are 13 of us with one more arriving tonight. It's like Little India here. One nice thing about this is that I make my wife wait on me hand and foot. If she protests I say, "Sorry Babe, that's the culture. I don't want to offend anyone. We'd better just go along with it." It's been a surprisingly effective rebuttal so far.

Anyway, happy belated Thanksgiving!




[Nothing quite says Thanksgiving like the Dallas Cowboys and South Indian food.]

No comments:

Post a Comment