Friday, March 15, 2019

Entry 459: House Update

No time for a long post this week.  The move is in full-swing -- packing, cleaning, staging -- all that good stuff.  We put a sign post up in our yard saying it's for sale and posted it on the sites online, so it's official!  Within a few hours we already had a few inquiries.  I told you, the DC market is insane.  That's a good thing.  And a bad thing, as we also are probably putting in an offer on a house we both think is really nice, but it's more expensive than I was hoping, and the location is not quite where I would like it to be.  Alas, you can't have everything (and things ain't getting any cheaper if we wait).  Getting all our financing in order is a bee-otch.  We might have to borrow a bit (i.e., a lot) of money from S's parents as a "bridge loan," which I'm not thrilled about, but if everything goes according to plan -- we get the offers we expect on our house -- we will be able to pay them back in short order.  Also, we are buying this house in no small part because there is a room on the main floor for S's parents to stay in when they visit -- not that you need a quid pro quo when it comes to helping family, but it often just works out that way.

Anyway, that's about all I got for y'all today.  I'll leave you with a few truly terrible songs, just because they're stuck in my head.  The main downside of my gym is that they play the same shite playlists over and over and over.  It gets to the point where I'm like, yes, finally, some decent music, and it's Blink-182.  It warps your entire musical value system.

I give you...

Some band called Trapt:



A terrible song by Fall Out Boy, who at least get credit for The Simpsons reference, and for sampling (?) Suzanne Vega:



And way-past-his-prime Eminem:



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment