Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Entry 525: Pre-Vacation Shortie

I had another "What I'm Watching on YouTube" entry lined up for this week -- for last week, actually -- but I never got the chance to finish it up.  Life, you know?  I think it's just going to get skipped, because I'm short on time tonight, as well.  We're going to the Outer Banks on Friday, and I'm always busy right before a trip -- packing, cleaning out the fridge, tying up loose ends at work, etc.

It should be a good trip.  I'm hoping we get some sun -- a lot of rain cloud icons on the forecast website -- but if we stay inside the entire time I guess it will limit our potential exposure to Covid.  It should be pretty easy to stay safe anyway, though.  Contrary to what news reports might lead you to believe, I think beaches are some of the safest places to go.  They're huge and they are outside.  Bring a mask, just in case, and you should be good to go.

We're meeting S's sister there, so that should be fun.  We haven't seen any family in long time, obviously.  As a precondition, we all got tested.  We're all negative, which as Lil' S1 made sure to tell me, is actually positive.  He's gotten really into the Pearls Before Swine comic strip, and apparently there was a joke in one of his books with the negative/positive test result as a premise.  It might just be comics, but I'm glad he's reading something on his own.  Who knows how well online learning is going to take?

Alright, three paragraphs is already more than I intended to write.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment