Friday, October 9, 2020

Entry 532: Five Thousand Words

I don't feel much like writing tonight -- no real reason, just being lazy -- so I'm going to post some pics and call it a night.



My boys embracing while waiting for a science presentation to start.  It was one of Lil' S2's friend's birthday party.  His dad told me Lil' S1 could come too "if he doesn't mind hanging out with the little kids."  He most definitely does not.  He's so funny that way.  He'll hang out/talk with anybody who will tolerate him.  I'm really glad I got this pic.  It's rare to see them showing affection toward one another.



Here's one of my boys and some friends at a farm outing on Sunday.  I didn't really want to go, but I knew I'd look like the bad dad if I didn't.  Plus, the Seahawks were playing the lowly Dolphins, and I knew the game wouldn't be on TV here.  On a football podcast I listen to, whenever there is a boring slate of games the hosts' go-to line is "it's a good weekend to go pumpkin picking with the family."  I actually did that.



Because of my shoulder tendinitis, I haven't been able to do any strenuous exercise, so I've been walking around my neighborhood a lot.  The Black Lives Matter sign is a common sight.  Also, every Friday night a synagogue up the street has a BLM demonstration, where they line the sidewalks in front of their building holding signs and people honk in support as they drive by.  Tonight we walked by them on our way home from the park.  Lil' S1 was on his bike a bit ahead of Lil' S2 and me, and when we caught up to him, he was just chatting away with this old man demonstrating.  The guy seemed very amused.  It was cute.



If it was only up to my neighbors, I estimate, based on yard signs, Biden would win with 100% of the vote.  There might be a Trump voter somewhere in the vicinity, but they're not advertising it.



Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment