Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Entry 542: Christmas Vacation

We are headed out of town early tomorrow -- going to visit S's sister in Atlanta.  I'm not super keen on traveling right now -- you know, with this raging pandemic and all -- but we're being quite safe about it.  We all got Covid tested last week; we are driving, so we won't be in a busy airport or anything like that; and we will pretty much only be with S's sister, who is super safe herself, and lives alone.  (And we will mask it up, when necessary, as always.)  From an exposure standpoint, it will be no more risky than just living our usual life here.  In fact, it'll probably be even safer, since the kids won't be in their pod.

But still, traveling just doesn't feel right to me at the moment.  It's like, we're probably almost done with this thing.  I feel like we should just hunker down and hang in there for a few months, until we can get this vaccine thing going in full force.  Traveling 600 miles down the country is the exact opposite of that.  But S really wants to go, and her sister presumably doesn't want to spend Christmas by herself, and the boys really want to go, and under normal circumstances I would really want to go, as well.  So, we're going.  I'm sure once I get there, I'll be able to relax, and it'll be great.  But I'm not there yet, so that's not how I feel now.

Anyway, as I said, we're getting up early tomorrow, so I should try to get some sleep.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment