Saturday, February 18, 2023

Entry 651: More Disney!

Not too much time to blog this weekend. We are headed out early tomorrow to visit S's parents in Florida. We are going to Disney World again -- this time Magic Kingdom. I hope that this isn't going to become an annual tradition. Even without getting a hotel room (S's parents live close enough that we can do a long day trip) it's expensive. And it's too crowded and not that fun besides. I mean, it is fun, but not that fun. It's fun if you don't have to do it again for a really long time. It's not the type of thing I want to make a habit of doing every time we visit S's parents... not that there is much else to do there.

We might not have gone to Disney this time, but we learned another family from the kids' school independently planning a trip there for mid-winter break, and somehow the idea of us joining them was broached, and so we figured, why not? We need something big to do to break up the week, anyway. It'll be fine, but it's definitely one of those events I'm more looking forward to being over with than I am actually doing. You know what I mean? It's like, I want to do it because I want to spend time and have precious moments with my family, but I'm not that keen on the actual experience. Basically, I just want the memories.

But that's not how life works... or is it? Maybe all life is is memories. Like, each moment in time you are somehow popping into existence in a different form totally defined by its memories. The you you are right now isn't the you you will be in one millisecond, but you will think it is because the you you will be in a millisecond will have the memories of always being that you. The you you are now will be totally forgotten, just as the you you are now has forgotten the you you were one millisecond ago. Maybe that's how it works.

Okay, that's enough stoner talk. I gotta get some sleep.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment