Saturday, June 29, 2013

Entry 188: Leaving on a Jet Plane... at a Very Ealy Hour

We're leaving on a two-week vacation to the west coast tomorrow morning.  Our flight is scheduled to depart at 7:50 a.m.; which means we need to be at the airport at 6*; which means we need to leave at 5; which means we need to wake up at, like, 4:15.  4:15... I might as well just stay up all night!


Not looking forward to the travel, but I am looking forward to the actual hanging out with family and friends.  It's so much different having a baby though -- you can't just zip around from place to place.  Trying to make plans is daunting.  I'm having fantasies of just staying at one place the entire time and telling everybody, "Hey, I'm here, stop by if you can, if not, catch you on the flip side."  But that probably wouldn't be very much fun -- it'd be relaxing, but I think I've implicitly given up on relaxing for the next 18 years or so.

Alright, gotta make sure everything is in order and then hit the hay.  Perhaps no entries for a few weeks; S and I are going laptop-less this vacation.  Yep, that's right, we're going to have to rough it with just an iPad, two iPhones, and an Amazon Kindle**.  We'll survive somehow.  Until next time...

*Normally, an hour, maybe an hour-fifteen, is what I give for a domestic flight, but we have to park in long term parking and take a shuttle, and we have a baby, so.. jeez, hopefully an hour-fifty is enough. 

**One thing I love doing on a vacation is just digging into a pure enjoyment book.  To this end, I downloaded Doc: A Memoir by Dwight "Doc" Gooden and Ellis Henican.  I might have to start it tonight I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment