Sunday, September 17, 2023

Entry 679: An Entry About Future Entries

Short entry this week. I bit off more than I could chew. I set out to do a political/social-commentary post, because I haven't done one of those in a while, and I don't want this blog to just be about petty arguments I have with my children, but I couldn't finish it. So, it's just sitting there in my Blogger feed, demarcated with the sign of procrastination: (Draft). Hopefully I'll be able to finish it sometime over the next week. It's getting big, too. I might have to break it up into multiple entries.

And it actually wasn't procrastination on my part. S left this morning for a week abroad for work, so I've had the kids to myself all day. I had to take Lil' S2 to flag football this afternoon (an extremely unfun 0-35 defeat), and then his two friends who live up the street came over, and it's basically impossible to do anything that takes concentration (or doesn't) when they're around. And today was especially bad because the weather wasn't great, so they were inside most the time. It was like a Family Circus cartoon: The house is a wreck, kids are bouncing around everywhere, you can see rain through the window, and an exacerbated mom (dad in this case) is telling somebody off-panel, "Yes, conditions are still terrible, and it's really bad outside, too!"

I'm glad they came over, though, because he spends a lot of time over at their house, and so I like to give their parents a break once in a while. I mean, they always say they don't mind, and that it's actually easier when he comes over, because then the kids are occupied and not nagging them constantly. I'm sure that's true, but I'm also sure it's true that they like having some time with no kids at all at their house.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment